Latest list of club rides. Check with the contacts for latest details
All group rides cancelled subject to Covid & Lockdown restrictions
Of course with Covid-19, Lockdown and restrictions on group rides, we are following the prevailing Government and British Cycling guidelines on group rides. In effect, none are organised until further notice.
We hope these may be lifted in early April 2021 (added 3rd March 2021). Once restrctions are eased, we may see group rides being permoitted and organised again. When this happens this page will be updated.
Normally, our Club Group Rides include…
NORMALLY, there are four regular rides running, each weekend, during the winter and early spring:
1) Saturday 9:00am – Saturday Club ride from Rutland Cycles
A 40-50 mile steady ride with an average speed of ~16mph with a coffee and cake stop halfway round. Meet at Rutland Cycling store, Ham Lane, Peterborough. Free parking in the car park, you need to go into the shop and put your parking ticket in their machine.
2) Saturday 7:30am – Early Bird’s ride
A faster paced training ride leaving from Orton Mere on Oundle road near the Orton Hall hotel for around 45-70 miles. Can also join at 7:45am at Elton Furze golf course in Bullock Road. Average speed ~18-20mph depending on time of year. Typically with a quick stop at the Talbot Hotel in Oundle for coffee and banter after around ~30-35miles.
3) Sunday 9:00am Two options Meeting at Cathedral Square, Peterborough
- Sunday Club run, a more informal ride that leaves from Cafe Nero in Cathedral Square at ~9am following a coffee. Distance and pace varies.
- A leisurely intro ride for new riders run by our Club Captain Chris Monk, distance and speed to suit the riders attending. For more info contact Chris on email@example.com.
If you’d like to join any of our club rides or have any questions, the best option is to get in touch via the PCC Facebook page and our community of riders will be happy to help. Alternatively, get in contact with our Club Secretary at the email address above and they’ll help you get in touch with the right person. Some rides you can also pick-up part way through.
See also the ride our useful Guide to group riding covering etiquette, punctures, signals, and general rules for club rides.