Peterborough CC/Alston Country Homes Road Races 2017
For details of the new course use the link.
Races neutralised from HQ to KM zero board.
National race 5.5 laps – 82 miles/131kms
Regional Race 2.5 laps – 38.5 miles/61kms
Primes and Finish at top of Vinegar Hill
Route back to HQ marked
(Rode the course 7th June – road surfaces excellent with few potholes/bad patches)
Race HQ is at Sawtry Community College, open from 0845, PE28 5TQ. There is adequate parking on-site, and changing facilities are available in the hall. There are toilets, but no showers, and refreshments will be available.
- NO CLEATS IN HALL, PLEASE
- Signing on will commence at 0900 and close 30 minutes before National race start time – 0950.
- Juniors – must present to Commissaire/Checker for gear check.
- NO HARD SHELL HELMET – NO RIDE
- ALL RIDERS MUST ATTEND THE RIDER BRIEFING AT 1000 IN THE MAIN HALL. After that, please assemble, ready to go, in the car park just outside HQ 10 minutes before start time. That is, at 1010 for the National B race and 1020 for the Regional B race. (Start times 1020 and 1030)
- Unofficial following cars not permitted, no litter, please. Feed Station (just beyond the finish line) for National B only.
- Note that any riders who withdraw from the race early may not be able to reclaim their licence until the races are over and the Commissaires release them. As usual, licences will be returned only with surrender of race numbers, which will also entitle the rider to a cup of tea/coffee.
Please ask your supporters to obey the parking restrictions near the finish, this is vital to keep locals happy and for rider safety; and clear up all rubbish.
It’s mostly downhill from the finish to HQ. The route will be signed at turns and a map available at the HQ.
The National Race will have a limited neutral service van provided by Terry Wright Cycles. A broom wagon will follow Race 2; it will carry spare wheels on request. Please attach ownership labels to spare wheels.
Both races supported by National Escort Group Motorcycle Marshals.
- Chief Commissaires – Paul Vaux and Andy Blower
- Safety Officer – Tim Cockerell
- Chief Judge/Finish Line Commissaire – Ian Wild
- Chief Marshal – Richard Roach
1st – £250 2nd – £200 3rd – £150 4th – £100 5th – £80 6th – £60
7th,8th,9th & 10th – £30 Team of 3 – £150 (total)
For National B – Sprint/Hill prime at end of 2nd lap and Sprint/Hill prime end of third lap – both supported by Terry Wright Cycles.
Both Primes Prize plus £40.
First Junior – £50* First Lady – £50*
1st – £60 2nd – £50 3rd – £40 4th – £ 30 5th – £25 6th – £20
First Junior – £25* First Lady – £25*
Junior/Lady prizes * If already winner of higher value prize, junior/lady prize to second home.
Peterborough CC Committee and Members are grateful to Alston Country Homes for their generous sponsorship of these races.
Prizes will be presented at Race HQ as soon as possible after the races finish.
First Aid by: Medicmart.
|61||Robert||Abbey||Over 23||2nd||Hemel Hempstead CC WITHDRAWN|
|62||George||Sewell||Under 23||2nd||GodfreyBikewear-VisionExpressRT – IN|
|63||Tom||Stokes||Over 23||2nd||Fenland Clarion – IN|
|64||Jack||Hardwicke||Under 23||2nd||Strada-Sport – IN|
|65||Tom||Rowson||Under 23||2nd||Velo Schils – Interbike RT WITHDRAWN|
|66||Patrick||Willan||Over 23||3rd||Cambridge CC – IN|
|67||Ross||Fawcett||Over 23||2nd||Pedal Power Cycles Ipswich|
|68||James||O’Connell||Under 23||1st||Regents Park Rouleurs|
|69||William||Bourne||Over 23||2nd||PMR@Toachim House WITHDRAWN|